- To create a new report, you must have "manager" permission within the project you would like to add the report to.
- From the report you are adding the report to, click on the "Reports" button, then on the "New Report" link.
- Enter a name for your report.
- Selecting a saved template will clone that template. Leaving it blank will create a blank report.
- Reports can be exported to a file in JSON format and that file can be uploaded to create a new report.
- Setting the Output Type as "Editable" allows for data entry and a PDF export. Use "Excel" for reports where you want to export an Excel file with data points for all assets within the project.
- Click "Create" to generate your report.
- You will be taken to your new report's edit page.
- If you've created a blank report, click the "Add Report Section" button to add the first section of your report. Each section of a report will start on a new page in the report PDF and contain the section name at the start of the section.
- Sections specified as "Cover Page" are combined into the first page of the document. Cover pages do not contain any page headers. If multiple sections of your report have "Cover Page" checked, they will all be combined into the cover. You can use this to add both single and multiple column parts to the cover. However, if you add more data than will fit into a single page, you may experience errors compiling the PDF report.
- Fill in a section name, select the sections number of columns and check any special attributes and hit the "Save" button. If the "Save" button turns red, it is indicating that there are unsaved changes within your section.
- Click the "Add Attribute" button to add a standard text input attribute to your report.
- Use the "Add Report Section" button to create a second cover page section.
- Create a new section to be used as a page header. Page headers are added to the top of all pages in the PDF output except the cover page.
- There are some built in special attributes you can use within your report. "Street Map" and "Satellite Map" will generate interactive maps when viewing in a browser, and map images in the PDF. "Nearest Fire Station", "Hospital", and "Police Station", will have the server search for these values based on your assets lat/long location and insert driving directions and contact information for the nearest location found and insert them into the report. This search is done the first time the report is loaded for each asset.
- To create table containing data, click the "Add Table" button.
- In the initial data field, enter the base attribute name to store your data in. All table data will be stored within this root. Save your section before adding any rows or columns.
- You may now click on the "+" icon to add columns and rows to your table. Clicking the triple-bar icon below a row label will mark that row as allowing multiple entries by the user.
- When you've completed laying out your report, return to the project's overview page.
- From there, click on any asset to enter that assets detail page.
- To set a report for a deliverable, click the "Set" link.
- On the set report page, pick your report from the drop down menu.
- Your report will now show for the deliverable. Click the report name to view the report data entry page.
- You can also view and edit any report, even if not assigned to a deliverable from the "Reports" menu at the top of the asset detail page.
Creating a New Report
Have more questions? Submit a request